Killing time... - 2/22/2007
The things you do when you're bored at work
1) Make a birthday thingy guideline requested by an admin colleague
2) Make a budget
3) Blog

I have been racking my brains for an interesting topic to write about the past 2 hours but I can't come up with anything good. Is that how boring my life has become? Maybe … or maybe not.

Eventhough I have been sick, the past weeks have been quite exciting. I went skiing not once but twice. Yeah baby, that's two weekends in a row. The first ski tour in Nagano was with Japanese Peace Child group which I have been joining since 2003. There were a lot of first timers from our company so I sort of acted as one of their ski guides.

AWS pipswinter wonderland

snowboarders and skierswith jhing

sun burntAWS ski group

The second ski tour was organized by my former manager in IBM/Lenovo. It has been almost 2 years since I left; so it was nice to see again my sempai and the other people I worked with after a long time. Well, I got sick after the first ski tour; but being sick did not stop me from going up and down the slopes of the beautiful ski resort in Gunma.

ESW ski group

It's really quite exciting to see first timers learning and liking the sport I have grown to love. I can still remember the first sukamod/subsub I did getting off that scary lift, the frustration I felt because I could not stand up after falling without having to remove my skis first, the scare I felt going down the slope because my skis seemed to have a mind of their own and wouldn't slow down no matter how wide my V stance had become, and the first prayer I said hoping that someone would pass by and help me stand up from an awkward frog-like pose. Aahhh…the joys and pains of skiing; who wouldn't get addicted to that?

I am still no expert but I am a beginner no more. I still fall down sometimes but not as often as before. I still do the V stance but not as wide as it used to be, and yes, I do the parallel stance now from time to time. And this time around, I was the answer to somebody's prayer. Isn't that cool?

let it snow

Labels: