How much is too much? - 8/18/2004
"I have so much love to give ... but no one to give it to, to share it with." I have said that a number of times to my friends. I bet you're thinking right now -- give it to your family, friends, the poor, the homeless, etc. But I am referring to a different kind of love; a love different from the one I have for Him; a love different from the one I have for my family and friends. It's the kind meant to be shared between two individuals who are not blood related and who care for each other more than friends do.

A few people close to me said that whoever I end up with would be one lucky guy. He will surely be well taken-cared of and be loved abundantly. But I wonder if they are right coz experience has taught me that too much love is not healthy. It can be overwhelming for some and may scare them away.

So, how much is too much? Is it too much already if you cry because you miss him badly and long to be with him after not seeing him for days? Is it too much already if you give him gifts for no special occasion? Is it too much already if you offer to cook for him coz he hasn't been eating well for days? Is this kind of love so bad that he chooses to live a life away from you?

Again, I say, "I have so much love to give ... but no one to give it to, to share it with." Hopefully someday, someone will answer back, "Hey, I have this much love too ... wanna trade?"