Lack of sleep - 8/17/2004
I haven't been sleeping well the past few days. I am back to my normal habit of sleeping for 4 hours maximum a day. And now, it has slowly taken its toll. Ngarag ang beauty ko ngayon. I get tired easily and it's really hard to concentrate at work. (This is bad! Good thing I'm not that busy.) Also, I've been having more dizzy spells. When I get up too fast from either lying or sitting position, I get light-headed and see black spots in my vision for a while. I am not sure though if this is due to sleep deprivation.

I am fully aware of the long term effects of lack of sleep -- mood swings, memory loss, depression, anxiety and even early death. And yet, knowing these things is not helping me get enough sleep. I have done some reading and found out a number of ways which can help me hit the sack early like drinking warm milk (tried this, it didn't work), exericse (too lazy to do it every night), drink beer (tried this also but I really don't want to have a bigger belly), and having sex (not an option as of the moment). Any other suggestions? Or should I start to consider getting a graveyard shift job?

(By the way, if I'm a bit cranky and bitchy, please excuse my behavior ... it's probably due to lack of sleep.)