Mammie's love - 8/06/2004
My mother says the funniest things every time I call home and we get to talk about boys, relationships, marriage, and the likes. A sample conversation would be something like this:


Mama: So, how's your lovelife?

Me : Same as before ... single and available gihapon.

Mama: You remember Joanne, our neighbor? Well, she met an American on the internet. They guy already visited her. Gwapo og bata pa kuno. And I heard they are planning to get married sometime next year.

Me : Really? That's nice.

Mama: Why don't you try that sort of thing? Chat ba tawag niana? Naa man mo internet dira dba?

Me : Maa...

Mama: Bitaw 'dette, you might meet someone nice. E, you're much prettier than her pa man gani. Ma-tisoy pa imong mga anak!

Me : Mamaa...


I know my mother just wants me to be happy. She only wants what's good for me. At the moment, she thinks that having a boyfriend can make me happier. And in my current situation, where else can I meet someone if not over the net?

(She is really insisting for me to try it especially now that my cousin just recently married a guy she met online.)