Gift giving - 12/21/2004
I was out with a guy friend last Saturday. He wanted to meet up before the year ends. Being Christmas and all, I naturally had a gift for him. What he said after handing over my gift kinda left me wondering.

"Ang sweet mo naman ... swerte ng magiging boyfriend mo."

Is gift giving on Christmas considered a "sweet" deed? I mean ... isn't it just a normal thing to do?

I have always considered the giving of gifts as one of the highlights of the Christmas season. It is not because I am looking forward to the stuff I will be receiving. On the contrary, I honestly don't mind not getting one at all. As the cliche goes, "It is better to give than to receive" ... and I do believe in that.

I find pleasure in making a gift list. Looking for stuff my family and friends would like to have gives me the thrill. Seeing the delighted faces upon receiving and opening their gift makes me feel glad that I have the capability to make someone happy.

A gift signifies the love you have for a person. It shows how grateful you are to this someone for coming into your life. And no matter how small your gift is ... it's the thought that matters most. So this Christmas season, find it in you heart to give a little love.

Of course, let us not forget the greatest gift that has been given to us ... Jesus Christ. Because of His great love for us, He has sent His only Son to save us from our sins and show us the promise of eternal life.


-----


"Ang wish ko na lang ay sana matagpuan mo na yung taong para sa'yo." -- a friend said this as a way of saying thanks for my gift to him. And it was all I needed.