A new chapter - 9/21/2004

For the past months, I have been thinking whether to go home for good this coming December or stay here in Japan a little bit longer. After careful considerations, I was slowly welcoming the idea of staying until March next year.

However, just this morning I found out that my life will be taking a different course. I had a meeting with my boss to discuss the new project we will be starting on this October. Based on the project schedule, final release will be on June 2005. After hearing the sked, I informed my boss about my plans of going home for good March next year. He replied that doing so is not possible coz March is in the middle of a critical phase. In fact, going home after June is still out of the question since this project is a new one thus we will be expecting quite a number of problems even after the release. Doing skill transfer during that time is not advisable. It will also be a waste of time and resources. Now, it's a choice of going home this coming December or December next year. And definitely, December 2005 is a no-no for me; which means I will be going home sooner than I expected.

Though I haven't told him about my final decision, I think he already has an idea of how things will turn out. I guess he noticed my apprehensions during the meeting. He is really supportive; as much as he wants me to stay, he is aware of my longing to go home and be close to my family considering that I've been in Japan for more than 3 years now. He just wants me to think it over, decide and then inform him.

The reality of it sinking in left me numb. It was quite a shock. Then I started to panic. There so many things I need to do: finish remaining work items (na super dami pa talaga), prepare for skill transfer, pack my one million and one stuff (I have accumulated so much things!) and so on and so forth. After talking about it with my friends over the net, I suddenly felt relieved and excited. I began looking forward to my going home.

It is right time to begin a new chapter in my life. I wonder what lies ahead this new path. I do hope and pray that it will be filled with lots of colors and beautiful music. (^.^)

(Now I wonder why I've been putting this one off.)