That's very kind of you! - 1/18/2005
What is better than going home for the holidays? It is going home, seeing family and friends you haven't seen for months and hearing praises such as "You look great!" coming out from their mouths. :)

It's amazing what a loss of ten pounds can do. Upon seeing me for the first time last December, my dear lola said "Ka-gwapa ba sa akong apo. Ayaw na patambok ha, ayaw na pud paniwang. Sakto na kana. ( ..... Try not to gain or lose any more weight. That's enough.)" Although I obviously need to lose more weight, it was really sweet of my lola to say those words.

Well, here are some of the kind (and kinda vague) words I received:

"Taga-kita nato nagkadaot man ka dess. Unsa man imo gihimo? (You're getting slimmer every time we meet. What did you do?)" -- no rice for more than a month?

"Murag nigamay lagi ka Dess. (It seems you lost weight.)" -- yeah, he was not that sure

"Now I can clearly see the Lea in you." -- you are indeed a good friend Krishie :D

"Dess, unsa imo gihimo? Naa naman ka figure karon. (What did you do? You have a figure now.)" -- huh ?!?! was I just a lump of matter before?


The down side ... I have gained back most of the pounds I lost before the holidays. But that's okay; I still have more than 2 months left before going home for good. That's enough preparation time ... and then it's back to "Thank you! What a nice thing to say!" while giving out my sunniest smile. :)