Winter wonderland - 2/09/2005

winter01 Originally uploaded by odette776.

I am off to go skiing at Nagano tomorrow evening (this Friday is a holiday here in Japan). It will be the first time for me this year; but my fifth or sixth time since I first tried it back in 2002.

I remember the first time I put my skis on, I could hardly stand up. And if I did manage to, I would fall back on my butt after taking two to three steps. I can not count the number of times I fell and roll down the snow with my poles and skis flying in all direction. Not to mention the bruises and ache I got after the numerous fall ... ahhh the pain, but it was all worth it. (Right Krishie?)

Well, after the third or fourth ski trip, I was able to learn a few things. I can now glide down on a beginner's course without taking a fall. But on an intermediate course, you'll still see my butt (or sometimes face) on the ground from time to time. As for the expert level, I won't dare try it in this lifetime. :D

I am so excited, I can't wait! (Cough and colds can't stop me from going.)