To the one constant man in my life - 11/15/2004
Back when I was still in school, my papa used to constantly reprimand us, his children, for being lazy with our studies. I can still clearly remember his lines,

"You are always watching TV. Have you done your homeworks already? If only I had the comfort and convenience (amenities) you have right now when I was still young, I could be the president of the Philippines now."
Yup, he could have been one. My papa is a smart man with a good heart. His family was not well-off. He is the youngest boy (11th) of 14 children; and with siblings that many, growing up was not that easy for him. For instance, when Lola starts calling them for dinner, one should run to the table as fast as he can; coz dillydallying will leave you with just plain rice to eat. That's just one of the stories my papa has told us of his younger days. He has also told us about how hard it was for him to study. Not only did he go to school on foot and without a notebook/paper in hand (yep, he had to ask from his classmates), he needed to wake-up very early every morning either to fish or farm. But all these didn't stop him from finishing school. Being a smart and hardworking man that he is, he was able to go to a university on a scholarship and was able to get an engineering degree.

My father has provided well for us not just financially but with the emotional and spiritual aspects as well. Though we are not rich, life has been quite easy for us. Our home is filled with lots of love and laughter ... mainly because of this man who has taught us that happiness can be found in simple things as well.

To the one constant man in my life , thanks ...

...for constantly reminding us how much you love us.
...for being a forgiving father.
...for being a generous neighbor to the needy.
...for being our inspiration and spiritual guide.
...for being a good teacher of good Christian values not only to us you kids but to other people as well.
...for being the wonderful man that you are.



Happy birthday Pappie!
I love you.