Longing - 11/04/2004
Living far from home at an early young age, I am used to not seeing my family all the time. Since I was 12, I get to be with them only during long breaks like Christmas and summer vacation. This set-up is just fine with me; I seldom get homesick.

But every year, as Christmas season draws nearer, I always have this sudden intense longing to see and be with them. The usual once a week call would turn into an every day call just talking nonsense.

And today, this longing has started. I need to feel my papa and mama's embrace. I long for lively conversations with my siblings (we are such a noisy bunch). I want to rain kisses on my nephew's chubby cheeks. I can't wait to go home and be surrounded with the warmth of the people I love.

I am missing my family so much that it hurts.

-----


I am so in love with this boy.



Babyluv's first trick or treat
(as a hunchback ... isn't he cute?)