SBD rocks !!! - 10/20/2004
(I have been meaning to blog about this for a while now but work has prevented me from doing so.)

More than two weeks ago, I have started on a new diet (which I am sure a lot of you have already heard in one way or another) with a friend. It is called the South Beach Diet (SBD). SBD teaches you a new way of eating where you live contentedly without the bad carbohydrates and bad fats. It has 3 phases. In phase1, you are strictly prohibited to eat fruits and food rich in carbo for two weeks. During this phase, food cravings are slowly being eliminated. In phase2, some food banned during the phase 1 (fruits and carbohydrates) are slowly being introduced into your diet. This phase lasts until you reach your goal weight. After this, you can start with phase 3 where you can occasionally enjoy those sinful food. Everything must be done in moderation though.

I am on my third day on phase 2 and I truly believe this is working well for me. Not only because my weighing scale registered a 10-lb difference in just 2 weeks (Yes ... in just 2 weeks!) but also because I can now fit into a number of my "goal" clothes (you know the tops and pants you bought ages ago thinking you'll be able to use them after a month or two). Aside from that some people have told me that I'm looking really good. (Thank you! *flattered*)

Phase 2 is a bit hard since weight loss won't be that big compared with phase 1. A 1 to 2lbs loss a week would be good. It would take quite sometime before I reach my goal but that's better than nothing, right?

You know what is really great about this? A more confident Odessa has been born. \(^.^)/