AI! - 2/22/2005

Thanks to my co-fanatic, I have been able to follow and watch American Idol this season (just 2 to 3 days delayed). Hope the episodes keep coming! (^.^)v

Although our kababayan Czar Galvez didn't make it to the finals, this season's AI is one show I'm going to watch 'till they declare who the new American Idol will be. As early as now, I already have a list of contestants who I'm gonna root for. And let me tell you, it was not one easy task. Some of my favorites were cut off but still I can say that this batch is really good! I'm pretty sure the Randy, Paula and Simon had a hard time coming up with the 24 finalists. (Jaclyn Crum, i do hope you'll try again next time. )

My top picks ... (don't you think that there are more good male singers in this batch?)

1) Anwar Robinson -- the lucidity of his voice makes me want to hear more of his singing. *sighhh...*
2) Scott Savol -- such great voice coming from this guy leaves me in awe (as the saying goes ... "don't judge a book by its cover")
3) Bo Bice -- he might not be as good looking as Constantine (who I also like), but he certainly has better pipes than his co-rocker (definitely not "like somebody who should be singing on a cruise ship").

Although he didn't have that much exposure in the past episodes, I think Joseph Murena has a good shot at winning this competition. Have you heard him sing? Not pitchy at all dawg! As for Mario Vazquez, he has the looks and talent to be an AI but I think he's too cocky.

Well, for the gals, there are a few who made good impression. First, there's Vonzell Solomon, a girl with a great voice but who's modest and unassuming. I find her pretty nice. Also, there's Sarah Mather who's got not only a mesmerizing face but has a fascinating voice as well. And then there's Mikalah Gordon who reminds me of a young Barbra Streisand. She has the voice that goes well with her bubbly personality. As for Carrie Underwood, well, she also has a big chance of joining the ranks of Kelly Clarkson, Reuben Studdard (although i personally prefer Clay Aiken) and Fantasia.

Still, I haven't heard the others do their thing; it won't be fair if I will not give them a chance to prove themselves. (feeling judge naman ako ... hehehe) So, I guess this list may change or be updated as the show goes on.


Odessa out!

P.S.
Aargghhh ... the image of Mary Roach doing her version of "I feel the earth move" still pops up my mind every now and then.

I feel the earth move under my feet
I feel the sky tumbling down, tumbling down
I feel my heart start to trembling
Whenever you're around

Ooh, baby, when I see your face
Mellow as the month of May
Oh, darling, I can't stand it
When you look at me that way