Valentine's day in JP - 2/13/2005


Yes, the chocolates in the photo are mine; but no, they are not mine to consume. These chocolates are mine to give. For those who still do not know, Japan has this practice during Valentine's day which is a bit different from ours.

In Japan, where a girl proposing to a guy she likes is a common occurrence , Valentine's day is the perfect time for a girl to let a guy know (or maybe just give a hint) that she is interested in him by giving him chocolates.

But wait a minute ... before you go thinking I have the hots for some guy, let me say that giving chocolates to male co-workers, guy friends and other people in your life that you are grateful to is also part of this Valentine's day practice (which is actually similar to ours). So, the goodies in the photo are for my boss, my co-workers and my friends who have made life in Japan less lonelier and more fun ... just my simple way of saying thanks!


Happy Hearts Day to all !!!


P.S.
White Day (March 14) -- the time when it's the guys turn to give chocolates, cookies, flowers and other gifts to the women in their life.