花火 - 8/04/2004
Fireworks (花火) displays and events are held in various places in Japan every summer. Just a while ago, one was held in our neighborhood. I was able to watch it together with two of my officemates. We left the office a bit early, changed our clothes and then went to the beach where the one-hour show was held. There were already a lot of people when we got there; good thing we were still able to find a nice spot. (According to my friend, it was actually the best spot there coz just right beside where I was sitting were two people making fireworks of their own. :D ) The night sky was lit beautifully with different kinds of fireworks (they varied in size, shape and color). Here are some pictures I took (sorry, the pics don't do justice to how pretty the display of fireworks really was) :