Sing, drink and be merry - 9/27/2004
For someone who can hardly carry a tune, I belted out one song after another last weekend until the guitarist couldn't strum the guitar anymore. Yep, that's how much I love to sing (even if often times I make-up my own lyrics :). My sister, who's the singer in the family, compares my singing with Ate Vi's singing lip-synching on her show Vilma back in the late 80's; her voice is synthesized for her to sound okay. But what I can't comprehend is the fact that my friend (and my number one fan.. hehehe) K likes to hear me sing and encourages me to do so. She even has this list of songs she loves (?) hearing me sing. (I really think something is wrong with her eardrums. :D )

"Oh, as long as I know how to love I know I'll stay alive ... I've got all my life to live and I've got all my love to give ... And I'll survive, I will survive, hey, hey...."


*****

One thing I'm sure I am not weak at (doesn't necessarily mean I am also proud of) is tequila drinking. I have a high tolerance for alcohol that I can even out drink most of my guy friends; but I am no lasenggera. I am only an occasional drinker, not a habitual one. I have been asked by some friends (who do not drink) what it is with drinking that I like so much. Hhmmm ... *think* ... *think* ... it is surely not the taste. I guess its the giddy and light-headed feeling that it brings. It makes you forget problems and concerns even for just a short period of time. On the contrary, it can also bring out the inner hurts and pains you have buried or are trying to bury and forget. In this way, it acts as an outlet of your hidden feelings which I believe should be let out in order to move on.


*****

One of my Friendster testimonials says that I make a party/gathering livelier and conversations more interesting. I have often wondered if I talk too much. Just last weeked, I asked my friend if I am being too loud and that if it's better for me to shut up. She said that it's okay and I shouldn't stop coz it makes everything more fun. Since I am not sure if the rest share the same opinion, I still think I better learn to mellow down a bit.

So what's the point of this entry?

What I am really trying to say it's not everyday that someone like you comes my way is that I am a just girl who wants to have fun. I know some may find my ways irritating because it seems as if I love getting all the attention. Maybe that is true ... or maybe, it's the only way I know to make a certain someone to notice me. ;D