秋 (Autumn) - 10/07/2004
Of the four seasons, I love autumn the most. The world (at least in this part of the world) becomes more beautiful. The weather is perfect; just cold enough to wear those dark-colored clothes which have a slimming effect. (Well, I am not really into pastel which is associated with spring. As for winter, you get so bundled up that you end up looking twice your actual body size which is really not flattering for someone like me.) The surroundings are filled with rich colors of orange, red, brown and golden yellow. And as the leaves start to fall, the ambience turns mysterious. The atmosphere seems more quiet and tranquil.

For some reason, I tend to associate autumn with love. I truly believe that it's the best season for people in a relationship. Maybe because everything seems magical and romantic during this time of the year.

There's this park in Shinjuku which is so beautiful especially during fall. It has this wide area where you can have a picnic or simply have a seat, relax and enjoy the beauty around. Since the year 2001, I have been going to the park every autumn. It has become one of my favorite places in Japan. There was a time when I thought I would finally have a special someone to enjoy this magical season with. I was looking forward for autumn to come. I couldn't wait to share with him this romantic place. But, way before the maple leaves have turned red (actually is it was still the peak of summer), everything went pfffttt. Nevertheless, I still enjoyed autumn that year; and I intend to enjoy this year's too.




Shinjuku Park