Remembering friends - 9/30/2004
People come and go in our life. Many just pass by and become acquaintances. But some, either through time or instant connection, become what we call as friends.

Having lived in quite a number of places in my 28 years of existence, I have met a number of people who I consider as friends. I have my neighbors and grade school classmates who were my playmates during my growing up years as a kid. I sometimes see them when I go home to Iligan for vacation. I have my high school friends who I met when I studied in Manila. Living away from home at an early age of 12, they made my life less lonelier and more fun despite tons of grueling exams, projects and homeworks. I seldom see them but everytime I get a chance to go to Manila, I meet and hang-out with some of them without fail. And when I meet up with them, there is always an instant reconnection; it is as if I was not separated from them for a long time. I also have my friends from college who made my life in Cebu fun and exciting. They helped me survived EE21 under the hands of Engr. Hilarion Lim. They were also the ones who introduced me to Mr. Gilbeys and Mr. Cuervo.:D Some were there to guide, help and comfort me in my first relationship. Then, there are my friends from work; some I met in Alabang, some in Cebu and some here in Japan. Some are still with the company; some already left for greener pastures. These people insert fun times in between tasks and workloads; making work less like work. A few I have really gotten close with. This friendship I have with them will surely last until all of us are already married with kids.:D Hopefully it will last a lifetime.

Sadly, I have lost some of my friends; one due to sickness, a few because of misunderstandings and petty quarrels, and one because things became complicated. Quite a few, I simply lost in touch with because of time and distance. I hope and pray that we get to celebrate our friendship again someday.

*****

Kat said that relationships which start from friendship are more stronger and more grounded, most likely to work-out and last. I do agree with her.

But then, in a way, I lost a friend through that. Because some things are just not meant to be, things could never be the same way again between us. Though, despite the tears in the end, I would never trade the memories coz I was really happy during those times (as short as it was), there are fleeting moments when I can't help but say to myself "if only things were different ... if only none was started ... if only we didn't cross that line ... if only we remained as friends". I want to go back to those times when an occasional funny i-know-you're-missing-me-and-dying-to-receive-a-note-from-me email from him would just bring a smile to my face, lift up my spirit and make my day. Some contained just a line or two, some made to appear longer with lyrics from a song ... but knowing that a friend in another part of the world is thinking of me and wondering how I am doing just made a difference.

[ I wonder if you still have the keychain (na nilait-lait mo lng) I gave to you a few Christmas ago. =) ]