Wear and tear ? - 4/05/2005
With limited luggage space (and the thought of having a couple of shoes left in Cebu), I chose not to bring any sandals or office shoes with me last Sunday; but instead, had a pair of sneakers (for gym) and beach sandals (obviously for beach outings -- Bantayan Island this weekend and Boracay in 2 weeks!).

Yesterday morning, I found out that that wasn't a very good idea. As I was preparing for my first day of work in Cebu, I noticed big chunks of dark-colored material were trailing me. How did I get to have mud in my sandals when I haven't used them for ages? -- that was what first entered my mind. But after taking a closer look, I realized that said dark-colored material were not mud but were chunks of the outsole of my sandals which I guess self-destructed after years of being neglected. Deemed unusable, I had to look for another pair and found this dainty little light blue sandals which I used only twice (once for a wedding) before. It wasn't that suitable for a day in the office, but what the heck, it matched my top. However, blame the power of aging, Miss dainty little sandal's straps fell off as I was taking it out of the box; which left me two pairs of sneakers, a hot pink beach sandals and an old rusty slip-on to choose from. Eventhough Mrs. slip-on was in the verge of breaking down (and didn't really fit well with my outfit), it was the most suitable of the three thus got selected for the day.

Later on, I found out that that was not also a very good idea. I should have chosen either the sneakers or the beach sandals instead because Mrs. slip-on wasn't able to endure the heat of Cebu. Its mouth opened wide (insole detached from the outsole) maybe hoping for a drink of water. Good thing the ever dependable Mr. Rugby was around to save the day and made Mrs. slip-on last until I was able to buy a new one in the evening. (I had to endure a mismatched outfit for a day though.)

----------


Yes, I am back in Cebu. After a day of footwear mishap, yummy meals and apartment hunting, my life in Cebu is starting off well. As for work, I will be starting on a new project with a technology which is totally new for me; meaning the need for double time and overtime is looming ahead. But you won't hear me complain (not right away anyway...hehe) ..... a more challenging work, fun and excitement --- just the things I have been hoping for.

P.S.
And yeah, I will start working out this Thursday at Fitness First. (Yes rish, you win!)